This is my first blog ever. Thanks to Keri Hunnicutt (:
Something I've observed lately: people look for love in all the wrong places.
It breaks my heart to see the things that people resort to. Sex. Drugs. Alcohol. Anything and everything that's secular. People change themselves to fit the standards of the world. As humans we naturally thirst for love and a place to belong. Things on earth only fill this longing temporarily. Face it....... Humans cannot satisfy themselves. There's always something we seek, whether it's the latest gadget, the raise at work, or the tasty dessert. We are never satisfied with what we have. Nothing on earth can quench your thirst.
"My people have committed two sins: They have forsaken me, the spring of living water, and have dug their own cisterns, broken cisterns that cannot hold water." Jeremiah 2:13
The only way to slake your desire for unconditional love is through the living water: God and Jesus. It's the one place where you're accepted for who you are. You aren't judged by the things you've done or where you've been. The love that flows freely and never dries up is yours for the taking.
"but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life." John 4:14
I've seen Christians stray away from God, and it can be hard to find your way back. If all of your friends curse, smoke, and drink then it has the tendency to rub off on you. It doesn't mean you're bound to pick up other peoples bad habits, because it can work in reverse. You might be the one good example and non-hypocritical Christian that someone sees. Your actions speak louder than words. As Christians, we are called to be set a part from others. In other words, don't conform.
"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will." Romans 12:2
Is it really worth losing who you are just to become someone else?
"What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul?" Mark 8:36

Beautiful, Steph. Really beautiful, and so well-written.
ReplyDeleteYou've created an awesome layout and I can so see you in all of it!
I love your heart, and I am honored by the shout-out! And so excited to have a new bloggin' buddy!!! :) Welcome to my little world.....
This is really good steph. WRITE A BOOK :)
ReplyDelete