As a little girl I loved adventure. One of my favorite things I used to do was climb trees. In essence, I was a little monkey. I would fearlessly climb as high as I could. My feet never lost their holdings and my hands always found a branch or a root to cling on. One day I was merrily climbing a tree. It was nice and sunny outside. Just another ordinary day. Wrong. This time I got stuck and couldn't get out of the tree. This was the time before eight-year- olds had cell phones, so I couldn'y just call my dad. I panicked because I felt alone and no one was there to help me. I screamed for my dad and he heard my cry. He came to the tree I was climbing. I got down on the lowest branch I could reach. My dad held his arms out. I jumped and he caught me. My father came to my rescue.
How often does our Heavenly Father come to our rescue when we call Him? So much more. He helps me keep my sanity and makes me feel like I'm never alone. All you have to do is ask.
9 “So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 10 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened."
Luke 11: 9-10
Think of how independent you try and be. Think of how you try to deal with everything on your own instead of praying to God about it. As christians we do this more than we realize. I know I do. If we are having trouble with school, relationships, work, our self-esteem, whatever it is, why do we wait until we start sinking in quick sand before we go to God? Sometimes we feel like He's not listening if we don't get the answer we want to hear. Then we quit praying and become stubborn. It doesn't have to be that way. God isn't a genie. He doesn't grant you all of your wishes in the snap of a finger. That doesn't mean you shouldn't pray to Him. He helps you if you allow Him to. He wants to help you. Just search your heart. If it's been awhile since you've talked to God, know that it's never to late to call for help. Do YOU want Him to help you, or do you want to try and do everything on your own again?

I LOVE YOU LITTLE MONKEY!!!!! As a daddy's girl, this made me smile. :)
ReplyDelete