My photo
I hope you enjoy my blog. Subscription is welcome (:

Friday, March 11, 2011

Fork in the Road

Decisions. You make them often. Some are harder than others. Yet some decisions you make seem like a giant fork in the road without a sign telling you what lies on the path ahead. How do you know if something is right for you? Sometimes you delude yourself into thinking that something is good for you, when really it isn't. OR maybe it just isn't what God has intended for you. No matter what you think is right for you, He knows better.

I've learned this from experience. At the time something seems so right, yet later you come to realize it was so wrong.  Right now I'm having this problem with college. I got accepted to Southeastern University with half of everything paid in scholarships. I already paid the enrollment fee and chose which dorm I prefer bunking in. It sounds all very nice and dandy. The problem? It's three hours away from home, away from comfort and everyone I love. I was willing to go away for college because I thought it would be best for me to be independent and on my own for awhile.

The other day in class when someone brought up Southeastern I got a bad feeling in my stomach. They pointed out that realistically I would only come home once in awhile. That's not how I thought it would be. So I prayed about it. Not only did I feel better, but I came up with an alternative. Why not just study at Palm Beach Atlantic, where I won't have to pay room and board? I have an appointment to talk with an admissions counselor. Hope it goes well!

Everyone has had that one hard decision to make. It may be deciding to break off an unhealthy relationship, accepting an addict for who they are regardless of their disease, choosing to give up something detrimental to you, or even realizing that you aren't alone and that people care about you. Choices can be hard to make on your own. It can especially be hard to make a decision if you don't know which direction is the right way to go. Isn't it a relief to know that you don't have to make these choices on your own?

The point of this is that no matter what situation, no matter how small or big, God is ALWAYS in control. If you ask him for help, He will help you. Even if you get a no, then there's a special reason why. There is something better waiting down the road. Until you reach that something, you won't understand why God is saying no. So don't get frustrated right away. Keep on praying, and be persistent. You'll come across your answers sooner than you think. And when you do, it will be better than you ever imagined.

1 comment:

  1. Steph, I'm praying for you! Let's talk soon, k? I miss you sooooooooooo much! (Could you feel me hugging you?)

    ReplyDelete