My photo
I hope you enjoy my blog. Subscription is welcome (:

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

congestion

There's a little bug going around. It seems like everyone is sick. Most of my friends are sick with something. I was one of the first to be bitten. My eyes have been itchy so I've had visit the doctor and take prescribed eye drops. And I've been so congested that I have a hard time hearing out of my ears. Sometimes I can hear if I get enough of the congestion out. My ears pop and suddenly everything just sounds so clear. Then my ears are congested again and I'm back to deafness. Never heard of ear congestion? LOL it exists.

I think the same thing happens to us spiritually. Let's call it spiritual congestion. You're doing good spiritually. You're healthy and strong in the Lord. Then something bites you and you get sick. The bite is temptation, and the sickness is sin. When you're sick, you try and get better but it doesn't always work, even with medicine. Once you get sick it can be really hard to get rid of. Especially when you don't know what bit you in the first place. You try to fight off the sickness, but your symptoms only seem to get worse. Just like being sick gave me itchy eyes, sin makes it hard for you to see clearly. The fine line between right and wrong becomes blurred. Or you cannot see what you should do in certain situations.  Just like the real icky snot congestion makes it hard for me to hear, sin makes you spiritually congested and hard for you to hear God. Even after I was able to pop my ears and get rid of some of the congestion, it came back because I didn't have the proper medicine. The same thing happens when we try to purge sin out of our lives. We are good for awhile and can hear again. But unless we take the proper medicine, like reading the Bible and praying, we fall back into sin and become sick again.

I was sick before, but slowly I am becoming healthy again.

Are YOU spiritually congested?

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love this. :) Thanks for sharing!! And I hope you feel 100% better very soon!

    ReplyDelete