Mercy is a person. In fact, she's a girl. The little girl I'm sponsoring! She lives in Kenya and is only four years old. Today I wrote her a letter for the first time. I'm so excited. I've decided that one day I'm going to meet her and visit her in Kenya.
Sponsoring a child means sending a certain amount of money to them per month. A little money goes a long way in a child's life who faces poverty. It provides them with medical care, food, a roof over their head, and clothes. As little as $30 a month guarentees Mercy's well-being. It makes sure that she is taken care of. She lives in an aids infected area, so it helps ensure that she isn't infected. $30 might seem like a lot at first, but in all reality it's not that expensive. How much do you spend on going out to eat per month or other frivolous things such as going out to the movies? I'd give up these things in a heart beat if I was able to give the money to someone else who needed it more. If you want to learn more about sponsoring a child of your own: go to compassion.com.
Mercy might not be able to write back to my letters yet, but I'm going to keep sending them anyways. One day she will be old enough to reply, and I'm hoping that I was able to make a positive difference in her life. A little more hope comes with each letter. Especially knowing that someone on the other side of the world loves her even though we've never met. <3

No comments:
Post a Comment