Sooooooo today I found out that my mom was in the hospital. She got into some sort of bike accident and ended up fracturing her leg. I went to visit her and made sure she was okay. My Nana came too. She's the closest thing I've ever really had to a grandma. We all talked for a few hours. I learned a lot about my Nana. Until recently, I haven't been seeing or communicating with my mom or my Nana that often. It's been kind of on and off for the past few years. Lately though, we've been spending time together at random. Over the years I have forgotten the importance of family. I've missed that feeling of closeness with people other than friends.
Ever since I've gotten home from the Alabama trip, I was kinda bummed. I knew that when I came home I would have to deal with a lot of change. I really extremely badly wanted to stay in Alabama for another three weeks with my Mud Family. With them I always feel welcome and there's never really any turmoil. If there is, then they deal with it in a loving way. That's one reason I absolutely love all of them. I kinda begrudged coming home and was whiny towards God. I wanted something and He told me no. Now I understand why. If I had stayed in Alabama like I wanted, then I would have missed out on a lot of things here at home. I wouldn't have been there for my mom. I probably wouldn't have had the chance to get close with my Nana either. I wouldn't have been able to spend any time with my brother, who I haven't seen for over a month. Even though things didn't go the way I had wanted, everything turned out fine and better than I thought. I'm really thankful for the time I've got to have with the people I love.
There's definitely a moral to the story. I'll tell you just in case you haven't picked it up yet :) If things had gone in my timing, then I would be in Alabama right now. I would have missed out on important events. Luckily, things didn't go in my timing. Rather, everything in my life is happening in God's timing. I might be impatient and question why I have to wait, but it's always better that way. No matter what or how long you have to wait, listen and be watchful for what God is saying. Don't be whiny and moan and groan and complain. There's always a purpose. So for the time being, be patient and persistent. Don't give up because things aren't going according to your will or how you thought everything would turn out. The most important thing is to have faith that He will always take care of you and make sure things fall properly and perfectly into place. Even if it's not the way you expected ;)
Habakkuk 2:3
3 For the revelation awaits an appointed time;
it speaks of the end
and will not prove false.
Though it linger, wait for it;
it will certainly come
and will not delay.

Love it. Sooooo true, friend! And nobody can tell us this lesson - it's one we have to learn for ourselves! Luv ya :)
ReplyDelete