My photo
I hope you enjoy my blog. Subscription is welcome (:

Friday, April 13, 2012

*Satan*


While I was on facebook I came across a page called *Satan*. I looked at the page out of curiosity. What I saw didn’t surprise me too much. There were a ton of people bashing religion and God and His “fans”. Naturally, there would be Christian responses. I didn’t like most of them. There were Christians “defending the faith”. They did this by posting Bible verses and telling the people that they needed to accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. That the Lord will execute His enemies. That everyone needed to repent and shouldn’t sell their soul to the Devil. And we wonder why people don’t like Christians? That’s why.
            Although the Christians may have had good intentions, they went about it the wrong way. There’s a good way and a bad way to approach these things, and that was definitely a bad way. If you tell people these kinds of things when they already have a negative view of Christianity and God, then you are going to get a not-so-cheery response. You need to remember that they don’t have the same beliefs as you. They are going to think that what you’re saying is hog wash and label you as an unintelligent loony-tune. Being “Holier than thou” will not get you anywhere. The only thing you will get from it is closed doors, smirks, and curses. You don’t want to lose an opportunity because you’re trying to be pious. Do you think that will please God? Think again.
            Why not discuss how they came to their conclusion about Christianity and God instead of condemning them to hell? That will open the door for a good discussion. You will be able to see their side and learn how they think. Then in turn, you have a chance to share how you came to your conclusion about God and Christianity. I couldn’t see this page and say nothing. I posted “So this is an anti-Christianity & anti-religion page. Why do you hate Christianity or religion in general? I’m not taking any sides, but want genuine feedback please.” I’m hoping that people give real, thoughtful responses. I will make another blog that will anonymously list some of the responses. If you ever hope or intend on talking to people who see things differently, then you need to know their point of view.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. There are ways to get a point across but the wrong way to do is by fighting and damning everyone else.The way a message is delivered is so key and so powerful.

    If a person attempts to defend their views by damning everyone else to hell and behaving as if they are holier than thou, then what happens is that they get lumped into the same category that they see all other people who claim to be Christian or whatever. They get laughed at and ridiculed.

    The problem is that fighting and being nasty towards each other is the easy way out. Its the easy thing to do. It takes alot of THOUGHT and WORK to make peace.

    But it could be done if a message is delivered in a positive and creative way. A way that touches a person. A way that can make people relate to how you feel. And if a person is open minded enough to be receptive to the message being sent to them, then there is a chance for them to see what you say.

    ReplyDelete