My photo
I hope you enjoy my blog. Subscription is welcome (:

Monday, August 1, 2011

Peace in a Medley of Emotions.

I debated just writing a poem about it. Right now I'm feeling a medley of emotions so I don't have the time or patience...

Yesterday my mom went over to my aunt's house to get a few things. Not even being there for five minutes, my mom witnessed my aunt have a seizure. Such a terrifying experience. I don't know what I would've done. I probably would've wanted to freeze up. My mom did the smart thing and called 911. Still, seeing someone that close to you in this kind of condition... That memory will never go away.

I'm really learning to trust God with everything, in every situation, whether it is extreme or trivial. Sometimes I veer away from Him for a little while, but He is always there with me. It's not something one can explain with words. Either you know the all encompassing feeling of His presence, or you don't. If you don't, then I genuinely hope you find it. I cannot imagine getting through some things if God had not been my rock. He is always my inspiration for moving forward. I always have some sense of hope that things will get better. Even when the outcome doesn't look so good, I always have this inner peace that everything will turn out for the best.

"You will keep him in perfect peace,
Whose mind is stayed on You,
Because he trusts in You.
Trust in the Lord forever,
For in YAH, the Lord, is everlasting strength."  Isaiah 26:3-4

Please pray for my aunt, my mom, and the rest of my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment