My photo
I hope you enjoy my blog. Subscription is welcome (:

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

lukewarm.

Today the message was about what it means to be a lukewarm Christian. Have you ever seen those people who claim to be Christian but they don't live a very Christian life? Doing good works alone isn't enough to get you to heaven. Faith without works is useless. Why say you believe in something if you don't follow your own beliefs? God doesn't want your leftovers. He wants ALL of you.

Today was the first day of camp. It was kind of hectic. The teens here are great. They're close. It's nice seeing new faces and having the chance to get to know new people. I get to reconnect with people that I haven't seen in a long time. Probably a year or longer. I'm not a counselor because I'm not eighteen yet (SIX MONTHS!!), but I do get to help out and I do help run the camp still. I hope God uses me to affect one person this week. I want to really get to know someone and be the one person they needed to talk with.

I miss everyone at home. But I'm so ecstatic to be here. I don't want any distractions. When I'm here right now, I feel like I can breathe. I feel so close to God. It's hard for me to feel like that throughout the entire year. Sometimes I feel like no matter how loud I talk, no one is listening. Here, when I'm with God, I know He's listening and He cares. My biggest prayer is that when I get home I can keep this feeling and that it doesn't fade.

On a positive note, my dad said I got a letter from my sponser child (Mercy)!!! I can't wait to reply. I want to meet this little girl so much. At least I know I'm making a postive difference in her life even though she lives half way around the world.

1 comment: